Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Grilled Banana’s Foster

Sauce:
1/3 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
¾ cup 151 rum
1 dash allspice
2 oranges, juiced and seeded

Grilled Bananas:
3 just ripe bananas, sliced lengthwise in half
Vanilla ice cream

Melt butter, add the sugar and melt over low heat until mixture is thick and bubbly. Add the rum and flame. When flame dies, add the allspice and juice. Blend in the pan until well mixed. Then consistency should by syrupy.

Grill the bananas on each side for one minute, just to warm through. Serve both halves on a banana split plate or substitute a corn on the cob plate. Top with a scoop of the vanilla ice cream and drizzle the Foster Sauce over the top.

---

I’m so glad I was looking through my wedding things last night because I found all of these recipes and I’m remembering how yummy this one was when my friend Julia made it! Mmmm…

No comments:

Post a Comment